How do I give members Group Leaders/Administrative access? How do I take off Group Leader/Administrative access?
Find instructions here
Can I have multiple administrators on Memberplanet?
Yes, you can have unlimited admins or “group leaders” for your group.
How do I add members?
Find instructions here
How do I re-send invites to Members or Group Leaders/Admins?
Find instructions here
Do Parents need to be members?
They don’t need to be, but we recommend it. As members, they will have the ability to log on to a personal page that clearly organizes all their school communication for them, gives them their personal payment history, outstanding forms, upcoming events and more. They will also have the ability to log on to the mobile app, which puts everything into a neatly organized feed to help them better stay up to date.
Why do my members and contacts show up multiple times?
Parents will appear multiple times as “contacts” if they are on multiple distribution lists. For example, 5th grade parents list, PTA board member list, Group Leader list, and PTA member 2014-2015 list. This is completely normal and they will not receive duplicate communication from you, even if you combine lists that included redundant contacts. They will only appear once in your “member” list.
If I have new family what should I do?
- Upload new parents as members (but don’t send the member invitation just yet!)
- Send new parents a welcome email that clearly states the back-to-school registration process, as well as a link the back to school packet. It’s also a great time to explain what MemberPlanet is, that they will soon be receiving an invitation, as well as the benefits of accepting the invitation.
- Send invitations to parents from the members list. (within 24-48 hours of sending the initial email)
- We’ve found that parents are more likely to accept invitations when they have had a chance to learn more about the MemberPlanet first. Your initial email is the perfect way to do that.
- What if they don’t accept the invitation? No problem! They will still receive your emails and other communication. You can always re-invite them later on as well.
How do I create a contact list for PTA, Parents/Members, and Teachers?
We suggest that you create separate distribution lists
for each subgroup you would like to send out email communication to.
What’s the best way to set-up my contact list for my School Newsletter/Email Campaign sends?
If you already have a list, simply upload it via spreadsheet or from your email. You may also want to post a newsletter opt-in
on your school website.
How do I save my school newsletter/email campaign as a template?
Once you’ve created an email you will see an option on the email admin page
to save the email as a template.
My parent/family is not getting my school newsletters/email campaigns?
Verify that they are on the distribution list and that their email is correct. If they are on the list, check your latest newsletter tracking to see if their email was delivered. If it was, ask that parent to check their spam folder and save your address to their address book to ensure proper delivery in the future. Can I include my Principal to be engaged with our school through your platform?
Yes, and we recommend to have principal message be in each of your newsletter sends. You can also help the principal use the events feature for parents/families to RSVP to events like “Coffee Chat with new and current families”.
Back to School Registration
What is the best way to create my back to school registration packet if this is our second time using the packet feature?
Use the copy feature and copy your last year forms. Once the form is copied you are able to edit any text.
This is my first time using an online back to school packet, how do I get started?
- Begin by creating the forms you would like to include.
- For forms, that require payment follow these instructions.
- For forms, that do not require payment follow these instructions.
- Once you have your forms in place, create a new packet.
- If you plan on collaborating your packet with other groups at your school use the packet collaboration tool.
- Learn how to collaborate a survey form here.
- Learn how to collaborate a payment form here
How do I link my Group Specific Questions (GSQ’s) to my payment forms and surveys?
- You can add custom questions to your membership invitation for parents to answer upon accepting the group invitation. For example, phone number, address, etc. These answer fields will be seamlessly associated with their member profile.
- Once members have their information linked to their member profile, they will have the ability to bypass those fields on future forms because the information will auto-populate (parent must be logged in for this to happen).
- For example, Parents will not have to fill out their name, email, telephone, address etc if they have already submitted this information on their group invitation. This saves a lot of time, especially if the parent is registering multiple children at one time.
- In order to activate this feature, the group leader must link form fields with these Group Specific Questions at the time of form creation. Simply check the box “pre-filled with member’s info” under the Field Options tab in the form editor.
How do I attach a thank you letter after parents/members fill out a payment or survey form?
You have two options for this. If you’d like to send a simple text thank-you or confirmation email you can create that at the time you create the form. Find this step on the page immediately before publishing (step 2 for survey forms, step 3 for payment forms). You can also re-open any form to return to this editing step if you already built and published the form. Learn how here
The other option is a customized thank email campaign. This is more the advanced option. For this you’ll need to create your custom thank-you in the Email Campaign editor prior to adding it to your form. Once you have built that email you can link it to the form in the same step (prior to publishing the form) where you would create your plain text thank-you in option . Learn how here
How do I link my fields from payment or survey form in a Thank You email campaign?
You can merge any form response right into your thank-you emails. This is great for sending receipt confirmations for registrations.
Step 1) Create your form. Be sure to make any necessary fields “required”.
Step 2) Create your email campaign. Use the +Form Data button in the email campaign editor to select the exact form field “answer” you want to appear. The form must already be created in order to select those specific form fields.
Step 3) Return to your form editor. On the second to last step, you will have the option to select a custom email thank-you. Use this step to select the email campaign that you just created. The email must already be created in order to select it as the automated thank-you.
Do not make any edits or add/remove forms once the packet is in use.
If a user begins to fill out the packet and an edit is made before they are able to complete the entire packet they may encounter issues or be unable to submit their registration.
This applies to admins attempting to “test” packets while still logged in - avoid this!
The best way to test packets…
- Packets store user history data in order to create a seamless experience. This allows users to partially complete a packet then return to it later. In order to “test” a packet without registering the session under your own account remember to log out, open a new browser,clear your cache (recent browsing history), and reopen the packet link.
- Look to the upper right of the packet screen to ensure that you are logged out. You should see the word “login”. If your name appears you are still logged in and you need to log out.
- All submissions (even “tests”) will be logged in your reporting, so be sure to account for them in your reporting.
Recurring payments cannot be made through Pay By Mail
- Because we do not have the payment information with which to run subsequent payments, payers opting for pay-by-mail will not be charged for any recurring payments they may have opted for.
- If a payer submits a form wherein they’ve opted in to recurring payments and the Group Leader later chooses to disable the “recurring payment” option from that form, the payments will continue to be charged as specified by the payer.
- The payer can opt out of recurring payments from their member portal at any time.
**We suggest communicating these questions and answers out to parents ahead of time.
Do Parents have to log-in to fill out forms?
No, you do not have to be signed in. However, there are advantages to setting up a free account with your school's group, including real-time announcements, payment history, a shared calendar and more. If you just want to register, all you need is the registration packet link to get started. Parents do NOT need to be logged in or have an MP account in order to opt in to recurring payments.
*If you have children attending different schools, each school will have a different back to school registration packet.
Where do I register my child online?
Visit your school’s website to obtain the link for your child's school packet. You can also contact your PTA/PTSA directly. If you are unable to find it, email us firstname.lastname@example.org
I did not get an email notification about an invite?
Please check your spam or junk mail folders. If you are still unable to locate your confirmation please contact us at email@example.com
I'm not getting emails from my school?
Check your spam folder. If you can’t find it, contact a representative of your PTA to be added to the distribution list. If you don't know what person's contact info, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will charges made using MemberPlanet appear on my credit card/banking statement?
The recipient on your statements will depend on the type of card you use.
- Visa/Mastercard - MP(followed by first 21 letters of the group's name)
- Discover – MemberPlanet
- American Express – MemberPlanet